The Infomoth Guide
The Infomoth is here to guide your way to the light of a wholesome Aftermath experience. It will provide you with all you may need to both create and enjoy our gathering. Be sure to consider the below when preparing for your adventure into our farmland wonder world.
- A sense of fun, creativity, humour, consideration and playfulness.
- Water, food, ice and beverages for your entire party and your entire stay. There is nothing on sale.
- Shelter, bedding, seating, toilet paper, after-dinner mints and everything else you need.
- Camping lights, torches, headlamps, fairy lights - you need to see and be seen at night.
- The biggest dry logs or branches that you can load, for the communal bonfire.
- Pack spare batteries.
- Rubbish bags – because you’re going to be taking it all back with you
- Explosives, fireworks or firearms of any kind. Repeat: NO FIREWORKS.
- An aggro, selfish or critical attitude.
- Those fly-off-in-the-sky-and-set-
- Pets of any description.
- Quads or motorbikes or anything that is likely to annoy your neighbour. If you really need to bring a generator, please use it with consideration.
- Excess packaging - just bring the contents
- Anything that’s a bitch to clean up after.
- GLITTER: We strongly discourage the usage of "standard" glitter. It is actually just shiny microplastics and causes huge pollution, especially in our water systems and to marine life.
Please click here to see alternative, eco friendly glitter that is:
- Made from plant cellulose: non-GMO eucalyptus trees that are sourced from sustainable plantations
- Waste water and marine safe
- Registered on the Cosmetic Notification Portal (CPNP)
- Cruelty free
- Umbrellas, parasols, hats, sunscreen, lip balm and sunglasses.
- Gifts, in any form you would like to give them. We are a gifting community, so bring what you have in excess to share with thy neighbours.
- Soft furnishings, carpets and camping chairs.
- Smokers should bring a portable ashtray. No butts on the floor. At all. Not even one, boet.
- An extra set of car keys, just in case.
- Costumes, musical instruments, signs, body paint and anything else that might enrich and make your Aftermath more fun for you and your neighbours
- Aftermath is for pedestrians and bicycles only. Unless it’s an art car or emergency vehicle, it’s parked from arrival until departure.
- THE SPEED LIMIT IS 10KMH
- YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE AROUND ON THE FARM ROADS - EXCEPT FOR COMING AND LEAVING. NO MIDNIGHT JOYRIDES. EVER.
COMMERCE, BUYING, SELLING, ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIPS:
- Aftermath is a completely decommodified zone with a gift economy, where gifts are given without an expectation of anything in return. There is nothing to buy, and no one's selling anything. Your money’s no good here.
- No advertising, logos, business cards, sponsorships, name-dropping, labels or skelm self-promotion. Gift it and forget about it. We are here to create a new way.
- Bring a fire extinguisher, and inform your campmates of where it is. You can use a braai, etc to cook on, but it is absolutely your responsibility to monitor; you should NEVER LEAVE YOUR FIRE UNATTENDED. In addition, open fires on the ground are not permitted. If you have a fire (in a brazier, or braai) and leave your camp, put it out.
LEAVE NO TRASH
- This one’s not negotiable – Aftermath is a Leave No Trash event.
- EVERYTHING YOU BRING TO AFTERMATH, YOU TAKE AWAY WITH YOU.
- The land AFTERMATH takes place on is A NATIONAL HERITAGE SITE. You have a civic duty to make sure it stays that way. The only way for that to happen is for you to leave no trace. You’re encouraged to clean up as you go, so if you see someone dropping something, let them know. Loudly.